Telephone: 1300 854 971  

Who To Notify

A number of people and organisations will need to know about a person’s death. This finalises the person’s affairs and ensures that you get all of the community help and support you may need.

  • Centrelink and/or Veteran’s Affairs
  • Banks and other financial institutions
  • Employers
  • Home Care Nursing Services — Meals on Wheels
  • Insurers (including life and superannuation funds)
  • Hire purchase companies
  • Australian Taxation Office
  • Solicitor or Public Trustee
  • Executor of Will
  • Doctors and Dentists
  • Health funds, Medicare
  • Electoral Office
  • Post Office (for redirection of mail, for example)
  • Motor Vehicle Registry
  • Landlord
  • Telephone, electricity, gas or other utilities
  • Clubs and organisations
  • Public services (eg libraries)
  • Passport Authority